It’s said that romance is the part of a relationship that adds adventure…
We’re well equipped to suggest some great properties where adding a bit of adventure is their forte.
With almost half a century of experience under our belt, Thompsons Africa is your highly trained Southern African destination management expert. Our reservations team is knowledgeable, innovative, and committed to exceptional service delivery.
Explore with Us… as we romance the Western Cape.
Go on a foraging adventure with The Table Bay Hotel. Their culinary team regularly scouts Cape Town’s neighbourhoods, foraging for wild gems. Aligned with this passion for using locally sourced produce in its kitchens and true to its promise to deliver authentic South African experiences, The Table Bay also invites aspiring urban hunter gatherers on foraging expeditions that provide the opportunity to explore Cape Town’s splendid ‘natural outdoor market’.
- Set on the historic Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, with the working harbour, Table Mountain and the Atlantic Ocean providing its backdrop, The Table Bay offers convenient proximity to Cape Town’s dazzling array of tourist attractions.
- Direct access to Cape Town’s renowned shopping destination, the V&A Waterfront.
- The Table Bay is home to a world-class spa – The Camelot Spa at The Table Bay is renowned for great service, attention to detail and indulgent wellness treatments. This luxurious spa offers luxury facilities like Laser Therapy, Gym and double treatment room for couples.
- Relax at the Pool Bar on an expansive deck which embodies the ethos of Cape Town’s magnificent social culture. Here, you can enjoy a satisfying drink and snacks while taking in breathtaking views of the ocean, Table Mountain, and the vibrant V&A Waterfront. Our heated mineral pool faces the sun all day.
- Indulge in The Table Bay’s famous High Tea, where sumptuous treats infused with indigenous flavours are served in the lofty open trussed Lounge. Taking high tea might be a centuries-old tradition but few places in South Africa still execute it with the grace, excellence, and nostalgia of the 1800s With arguably one of the most exquisite backdrops for its high tea, The Table Bay has refined the art to the extent that attending high tea there has become a tourist attraction on its own.
- Indulge in what is Cape Town’s most extensive and famous breakfast buffets at The Table Bay’s Atlantic. The beautifully-appointed interior flows seamlessly out onto the open patio where you are greeted with breathtaking, panoramic views across the working harbor, the Atlantic Ocean and Table Mountain.
- Learn the history of Oscar the Seal. Proudly welcoming guests on their arrival at the Hotel, Oscar’s statue is more than a testament to the Cape Fur Seal who was an integral part of harbour life at the V&A Waterfront. In fact, his story is the stuff of legends and is intertwined with the history of The Table Bay.
- Enjoy a bit of nostalgia, identifying the celebrities on the plaques that trim Oscar’s statue.
Von Kamptz restaurant at Camps Bay Retreat offer innovative dining including a Fynbos Menu. Inspired by and featuring the natural, indigenous wonder that is Fynbos, the menu features fresh, local produce and carefully selected ingredients for an unforgettable Fynbos feast. Want to make it even more memorable? Enjoy your Fynbos meal in their private cellar.
- Extraordinary location on a 4 acre mountainside nature reserve overlooking the ocean. The property boasts beautiful walking trails, mountain streams, a mountain pool and secluded waterfall.
- Enjoy sundowners and breath-taking sunsets from the Manor House front lawns as the last light of the sun sinks into the ocean.
- Warmth and charm welcome you from the fireplace in the Manor House lobby, to fireside private dining in the Library, Heritage Lounge or wine cellar, each offering unique dining experiences complimented with the finest selection of local and international wines.
- The on-site spa, Mint Wellness, offers individual and couple treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna, steam room and spa bath, as well as a signature nature-bath tent where treatments are enjoyed within the lush forest gardens during warmer months.
Between August and November every year, guests at The Marine can whale watch from the comfort of their room. That gives the phrase ‘bed based’ whale watching a whole new meaning! During the months of August, September, October and November, the Southern Right whales make Walker Bay their home when they mate and calve their young.
- Overlooking South Africa’s pristine Whale Sanctuary, The Marine Hermanus offers the most romantic setting in Hermanus, where old world charm meets modern sophistication. Named as the best place in the world for land based whale watching.
- Book a private picnic on the cliffs in front of the hotel overlooking Walker Bay and the old harbour or enjoy a romantic private dinner on the sea-facing terrace.
- Romantic highlights include a special turndown which includes a bathroom flickering with candle light and special scented treats from the Molton Brown Collection.
- Unique spa packages can be custom made to include, different couples treatments at the Signature Spa.
For a more tame adventure, try the Cascade Manor Spa at Cascade Country Manor where guests are treated to a romantic riverside couples spa treatment followed by a picnic along the river.
- Cascade Country Manor is set in the picturesque heart of the Paarl Winelands with the backdrop of majestic Drakenstein Mountains.
- The boutique hotel’s namesake is the cascading waterfall whose soothing sounds permeate throughout the grounds year-round.
- Surrounded by Olive Groves this charming hotel and spa is located on pristine grounds in the former homestead of royalty, comprised of only 15 rooms, guests are ensured an intimate and peaceful stay in the Olive Valley of the Winelands.
- Holding true to its old world charm, cosy rooms with fireplaces that feature solid African Rosewood and delicate chandeliers that create a beautiful rich texture befitting the heritage of this stately homestead.
- Delight your taste buds over dinner at the terrace restaurant, under the stars or on a cold evening alongside our fireplace in the lounge, why not treat your other half to a romantic turndown, with delicious chocolates and Mehodé Cap Classique delivered to your bedroom.
How about a romantic picnic at one of eight dedicated picnic sites situated in the Table Mountain Reserve at Twelve Apostles Hotel and Spa?
- Away from the hustle and bustle of the busy city centre providing guests a tranquil setting with the peaceful sound of the ocean.
- Couples can enjoy a variety of exquisite five star dishes that will leave their taste buds infused with the finest flavors at the extremely popular and world-renowned Azure Restaurant.
- Guests can immerse themselves in the Cape experience by taking a complimentary scheduled transfer to Camps Bay or to and from the V&A Waterfront where they can spend the day sight-seeing Cape Town’s vast variety of Tourist attractions.
- Romantic sunsets daily, along with breathtaking views of the stunning Atlantic Ocean, all while enjoying a meal and G&T on the hotel’s beautiful terrace.
- The unique and award-winning spa offers guest the ultimate escape to relax and be pampered while indulging in the stunning scenery or even taking a dip in the beautifully designed rock pools.
- Enjoy Oysters and Sparkling Wine at breakfast daily while overlooking the marine sanctuary where whales and dolphins can be spotted almost all year round.
Art and wine at Ellerman House? This tour is an adventure of a different kind. Take in Zeitz MOCAA, The Norval Tour & Constantia Valley (with a private driver/guide and private art guide) an art gallery housing the Norval Foundation private collection, the Steenberg Wine Estate and Constantia Glen, a picturesque boutique wine estate producing ultra-premium, cool climate wines.
- Cocktails and canape’s can be enjoyed on the terrace of the hotel whilst taking in the most unforgettable and magical sunsets.
- Perfectly Placed – uninterrupted views over the Atlantic Ocean providing the ultimate traveler’s paradise.
- Ellerman House’s famous House Tea is pure indulgence that can be sipped on whilst enjoying the perfect splendor of the backdrop of the sunset and ocean.
- Wine Aficionados – Guests are offered a delicious complimentary wine tasting or have the choice of over 7,500 bottles of exceptional local wine to enjoy.
- Wonderful Honeymoon Promotions that include a bottle of South African Mehodé Cap Classique with honeymoon turndown as well as romantic and relaxing couples spa treatments to keep that romantic flame burning.
A sunset picnic on Signal Hill? A local cooking class? A walking tour or a shopping experience? Tailor made adventures are curated for each guests’ requirements at Cape Grace.
- The hotel’s unrivalled location! Cape Grace is situated on its own quay in Cape Town’s sought after Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, with Table Mountain and the City Centre just moments away, the location is both magnificent and remarkably convenient. Being surrounded by water on three sides, with just one vehicle access, promotes a secure, private environment for couples to relax and enjoy.
- A complimentary luxury chauffeur service within a 10km radius of the hotel is provided (subject to availability) to Cape Town’s renowned attractions where couples can enjoy a shopping spree together or visit one of the beautiful restaurants for a fine dining experience.
- Upon arrival a bottle of Mehodé Cap Classique (MCC) and a chocolate platter awaits guests in their room to celebrate their first night at Cape Grace.
- Guests will be spoiled to celebratory gifting during their stay.
Contact a Thompsons Africa consultant for more information on other adventures on offer at these or other Western Cape properties.
Tel: +27 31 275 3500