‘Welcome to Sanctuary Chief’s Camp in the heart of the Okavango Delta. Wildlife and wilderness are as abundant as action and adrenaline and refinement and relaxation at this remarkable luxury camp which was remodelled and reopened in June 2016.’
At Sanctuary Chief’s Camp they promise a unique attention to detail and strong environmental and philanthropic credentials to ensure the ultimate luxury safari experience.
Why Sanctuary Chief’s Camp?
- Located on the famous Chief’s Island in the Moremi Game Reserve
- Seasonal Mokoro (traditional dug-out canoe) excursions available
- Exclusive safari experience
- The 10 bush pavilions and luxury suite are some of the largest suites in the area (141 – 620 m2)
- Each pavilion features a tranquil outside seating area and a terrace plunge pool
- The new Geoffrey Kent Luxury Suite, consists of two pavilions and features a private bar, boma, lounge and kitchen, all serviced by a private house-keeper, waiter, guide and vehicle
- With its natural hues and materials that complement the scenery and the first-class dining and wines, Sanctuary Chief’s Camp is consistently rated as one of the top safari camps in Botswana by Condé Nast and Travel & Leisure
- Sanctuary Chief’s Camp has its own licensed private airstrip which is located approximately two kilometres from the camp. The transfer from the airstrip to the camp takes approximately 40 minutes. The airstrip is accessible from Maun (25 minutes), Kasane (1 hour 30 minutes), Sanctuary Stanley’s Camp (15 minutes) and Sanctuary Baines’ Camp (15 minutes). Please note the luggage restriction is 20kg per person in a soft-sided bag
Step Inside One of the New Luxury Bush Pavilions…
Experience modern enhancements such as air-conditioning, bathrooms with floor to ceiling windows and folding glass doors leading to outdoor showers, generous tubs and a covered deck for a private dinner while on the look-out for elephants, giraffes, buffalo and other wildlife as you enjoy the Camp’s excellent cuisine and wines.
And The New Geoffrey Kent Luxury Suite?
Sleeping up to six, the Geoffrey Kent Luxury Suite offers a kitchen, outdoor lounge, private boma and secluded deck areas. Enjoy your own vehicle and dedicated guide as well as a personal chef, waiter and housekeeper.
At Sanctuary Chief’s Camp all meals are freshly prepared in the middle of the African bush. Private dining is available for guests on their covered deck and the dining area has been extended and improved and a brand new pizza deck with pizza oven added.
Fresh is Good!
Wake up early in the morning as your tent attendant brings fresh coffee, tea or hot chocolate to your room. Before departing for your morning game viewing activity enjoy a scrumptious full English and continental breakfast. Upon your return to camp an early buffet lunch is served under the trees out on the deck of the main area. The menu includes a selection of meat and vegetarian dishes, salads and freshly baked breads. Afternoon tea is definitely a highlight for most, the selection of cakes, warm scones and quiche to name a few is something most find hard to resist.
Sundowners and Special Dinners
Your afternoon game drive ends with classic sundowner cocktails and canapés at a specially selected spot. Return to the camp for pre-dinner drinks around the boma area as you discuss the sightings of the day with friends and family. Celebrating a special occasion? Sanctuary Chief’s Camp can arrange a romantic private dinner on your suite deck or by the pool area.
Moremi is renowned for its large concentrations of plains-game, elephant and buffalo, and as the predator capital of the world, the game viewing will be incredible!
Linda Pampallis – CEO Thompsons Africa recently spent a few days at Sanctuary Chief’s Camp and had this to say, ‘The new rooms are well laid out, very functional, beautifully decorated – the highlight is the plunge pool and the Tsala overlooking the very busy waterhole… oh my – such a luxury to dip and then rest while game viewing with binoculars!
Our game ranger ‘Ken’ was excellent. We had amazing sightings with the absolute amazing one being a double kill by a pack of wild dogs – exciting, gory, unbelievable! Wild nature in front of our eyes. And SO much more – being in the heart of the Moremi Game Reserve is such a super highlight.
The management and staff are excellent, making delicious food, always friendly and naturally happy.
Thank you for a beautiful product.’ – Linda Pampallis (CEO – Thompsons Africa)