CHOOSE AMAKHOSI SAFARI LODGE FOR A RELAXED LUXURY SAFARI EXPERIENCE…
At Amakhosi (meaning Place of Kings), you will experience the splendour of Zululand, traditional home of Zulu kings, mighty warriors, culture and tradition, as well as game and wide open spaces.
Situated on the banks of the Mkuze River, this small and exclusive lodge is about experiencing Africa at its best, from scrumptious dinners on the deck to sundowners in the bush, to tracking down the ‘Big Five’ and exploring the world of insects, amphibians and birds.
With a diversity of habitat that includes pristine bushveld and grasslands, Amakhosi is a naturalist’s dream.
- Only 4 hours drive from Durban
- Close and memorable wildlife encounters – game drives, bushwalks, birding, frogging in season
- Birdwatching – 420 species recorded
- Beautifully appointed luxury suites
- Personalised service and attention to detail
- Magical experience of royal Zulu culture, with traditional dancing and ancestral story telling
- Safari Spa indulgences with panoramic views of the Mkuze River and relaxing sounds of the surrounding bush. Africology products, using natural ingredients and inspired by the wisdom of Africa’s traditional healers are used.
Amakhosi Safari Lodge – your home in Africa, where your soul is refreshed, your senses awakened and your mind and body restored…
- Amakhosi Safari Lodge is on its own private game reserve
- No other vehicles can access the reserve
- Amakhosi Safari Lodge has 12km of beautiful river frontage with all suites strategically located with river views
- A maximum of 6 guests per game drive vehicle are permitted
- Rangers are all highly qualified. Sipho Nthombela, the head ranger, is the grandson of Magubo Nthombela the right hand man of Dr Ian Player.
Included in the stay:
• High tea.
• Tea and coffee.
• Game activities with qualified guides.
Standing proud on Umhlanga’s beachfront, directly on the beach and overlooking the Indian Ocean, the 86-room Oyster Box, is one of South Africa’s best-loved hotels. Renowned for generous hospitality, attentive service and exceptional cuisine, The Oyster Box offers all the majestic charm and nostalgia of a bygone era, but with all the modern comfort and amenities.
Facilities include a magnificent Spa, two swimming pools, luscious gardens and a 24-seater movie theatre. The family-run hotel is KwaZulu-Natal’s premiere wedding and honeymoon destination and the venue of choice for the conference and business markets.
A spell at The Oyster Box will leave you with magical memories to last a lifetime.
Voted #1 hotel in South Africa for 2019 by Tripadvisor.
- Located directly on the beach and overlooking the Indian Ocean
- A family run collection of Award Winning Luxury Boutique Hotels
- An absolute commitment to attentive service and the comfort of every guest with no less than 6 staff to 1 room ratio
- Famous Executive Chef Kevin Joseph is at the helm of their casual and fine dining
- The Oyster Box Hotel was Travellers’ Choice 2019 Winner
- Oyster Box Hotel is famous for its curry feast and High Tea experiences
Included in the stay:
• Bed and breakfast.
Contact your Thompsons Africa consultant on email@example.com for further details or to make a booking.